There's a lot we could say about motherhood, and several things might come to your mind in the sub-category of things you "should know." One thing you should know is that it is unwise to keep the diaper rash cream tube next to your toothpaste tube. Not that I know anything about putting diaper rash cream on a toothbrush by accident, but I'm just saying you might want to find another place for it.
Besides that pearl of wisdom, there are ten things you should know about motherhood that will shape the way you see yourself, your kids, and the world around you. Give it a read over here at the Crossway blog.
Here are the main points (minus the paragraphs of explanation):
- Motherhood is evidence of God's mercy.
- Motherhood is a gift even when your feelings disagree.
- "Mother" is a verb.
- Motherhood is more than you can handle.
- Motherhood is not a loss.
- Motherhood gives glory to Jesus that echoes in eternity.
- Motherhood is missional.
- Motherhood flies in the face of fear.
- Motherhood reminds us of our need for grace.
- Motherhood is about a man-- Jesus.
- taken from "10 Things You Should Know About Motherhood"