Lord-willing, in a month's time I'll be getting on a plane along with my youngest child to head to Orlando. I've been looking forward to this upcoming women's conference hosted by TGC ever since the first one in 2012!
I'm excited about this conference for several reasons--
- Fellowship! Skype and Google Hangouts can only go so far in facilitating fellowship among friends. I'm looking forward to face-to-face fellowship with old friends and new friends.
- Nehemiah. The conference plenaries are going to be a real treat. I'm especially looking forward to the live reading - how apropos!
- Missional Motherhood. I'll be leading a workshop on a subject that is dear to my heart.
- Teaching Children About Jesus. I've been given the privilege of moderating a panel on this topic with Mary Mohler, Trillia Newbell, Kristie Anyabwile, and Elyse Fitzpatrick.
- Rain. The last time we were in Florida the sky opened up and poured buckets of water onto the ground. It's just not something we see here every day. Or year. Or ever.
- Troy and Mom time! My amazing mother is flying to Orlando help look after my son. One of the sweetest things for us since we moved overseas has been savoring what precious time we do get to have with our parents. I'm also looking forward to a relatively relaxing travel time with only one child in tow. Who knows - I might even get to take a nap on the plane. :)
What about you? Will you be at TGCW? What are you looking forward to?